Qmerit has categorized the most common elements of a Level 2 home charger installation
proposal. Use this guide to help you in working with your installer:
Essential Installation Components:
Install a dedicated circuit breaker to an existing panel that has adequate space and
capacity according to code.
• 5’ to 25’ of wire and conduit of the appropriate type and size that runs from the electrical
panel to bring power to your charging station. There is a cost per foot- so closer is better!
• Surface mount your charging station, which could be a hard-wired station or install the
appropriate 240v electrical socket to match your charger.
• Test that the station is fully operational and provide you with proper usage instructions.
• Permit costs (for safety and peace of mind – do not skip the permit to save money!).
⁃ There will be a permit fee from your city or jurisdiction. Prices vary widely.
⁃ Your installer will need to spend time on preparing and submitting documents for
the permit and be present for the final city inspection. These efforts can be time
consuming and are billable in most cases.
Variable Installation Components:
• Coring through walls or barriers
• Extra length of conduit and wire run
• Electrical panel upgrades or sub panel addition
• Trenching and filling, groundwork if needed
• Drywall work, repair, and painting
Do you have more questions regarding the EV charging station installation process?
Feel free to contact us before reaching out to one of our certified installers.
(888) 272-0090 or firstname.lastname@example.org